Friday, April 24, 2020

Another Bear quilt finished

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all staying safe and busy at home. I know I have lots of things to keep me busy right here. 

Spring is in the air, the trees are all in full bloom, the Red Bud and lilac is blooming, as is the iris's and lupine. The grass is green, it's all so beautiful.


I started this bear quilt back in 2016. Lorna was having a quilt along for her bear pattern, and I had just boughten a 10" stack of Robert Kaufman's fusion line (I love this fabric!).

So a few weeks ago, I pulled it out of the bin and decided to get it quilted up. It was fairly quick, the quilt is 42x48, so I was able to get it finished in a weekend.



Here's a few closeups.



You can see my minimal quilting. A bit in the paws and thru the sashing.




Isaiah, my youngest son, has claimed it for his bed :)



I think I'll quilt up one of my Irish stars next...maybe... I have so many to choose from! :)

Have a great day all.

post signature

4 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Very striking quilt, Dorian! The colors are like fall leaves and are so perfect for this woodsey quilt. Your bear looks like you are seeing him through a windowpane in the falling leaves. It looks wonderful to see with your green growing and blooming things. Beautiful work ... <3 Pat

Your sis said...

It is beautiful sis! I see a bear walking thru a field of wildflowers. Your quilts are all so lovelyY.
Im getting next to nothing done in the sewing room. 😜. Lots og garden work to do these days.

ButterZ said...

I do love this quilt. I was going to sew along when this was on offer but I never did get to print the pattern so I will just admire your finish. well done.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What a wonderful finish, Dorian! Smart boy for snapping it up! Those colors just glow against your background.
Happy to know that Spring has arrived in your neck of the woods.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...