Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Cornerstones on edge is finished! And Thanksgiving

Hello Friends,

Yah, I finished Carson's quilt yest. Cornerstones on Edge is my original design.  (The handsome man holding up the quilt is my oldest son.)




And I've finished just in time too. We have almost 2" of snow on the ground and lots more coming down. It's going to snow thru Thurs :) :) My youngest and I are loving it!

I used a solid, medium tone, gray flannel fabric on the back of this quilt ( I should get a picture of it, as it shows the quilting). 

Here's a closeup, just simple line quilting. It fits the quilt and the person I gifted the quilt to :)



I used a bit lighter color of gray for the binding. It's what I had on hand, and I think it works just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my American Friends and Readers, I am wishing you all a very Blessed and happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy fine food, good friends and family. And safe travels to any of you out and about.




post signature

2 comments:

Carol said...

Dorian, it's stunning! I love it! And I'm not a big fan of orange! lol But it's beautiful. I'm glad it "passed the test" too!

Enjoy the snow! You can keep it! lol *I* don't want it! ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you too!

HUGS!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Carol is right - it's stunning, Dorian! Your sense of design is impressive and backing it with flannel makes it perfect! Don't be surprised if he spends just a few extra minutes in bed in the morning!;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...