Friday, May 17, 2019

Quilting the Bear and other progress

Hello Everyone,

Having a good Spring (Winter)? We had some lovely days after many days of rain, that was really nice, but now we are getting some more rain...which we need, so I am not complaining. The garden is growing fast, the Iris's are in bloom as are the roses :)

And inside... I've been quilting the Bear quilt (pattern from Lorna). Loops, and stars, swirls and ... hearts :) Because, it is a wedding quilt, after all ;)


I've gotten most of it quilting now, just have to do the borders. So, I think I will make the August deadline at this rate, yah!!

Another project I've been working on here and there the past few months is this one:


Sorry for the glare... Island Sunrise by Judy Niemeyer. It is a paper piecing pattern. I bought this quite a few years ago, not sure how many exactly. I would work on it for a bit, then put it away for a few years, then bring it out again. I don't do PPing very much.  But I am now to this stage,



The paper piecing is all done, now I am just putting on the corners.



I need to buy some tone on tone green and blue, in order to finish it though.

So, back it goes for however long... one day it will be finished :)

Have a lovely day All.

post signature

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

The bear quilt is looking good! I like the colors and nice sharp points in those paper pieced blocks. May you have the fabrics you need soon to sew more soon. I like to take projects out and work on them and then play with something else for awhile. I will look forward to seeing what you work on next, my friend ... :-) Pat

Sis said...

Judy n quilts are amazing! Kuddos to you for tackling one!! I discovered i really dont care for fpp, but im in love with epp! And fussy cutting ������. Cant wait to see the bear quilt. It will be so beautiful and a great gift!

Carol said...

I'm so glad you're coming right along with the bear quilt!!! Awesome work! And I absolutely LOVE the paper pieced project! ;-) You know I love colors. It's best to work on something that intricate a little at a time. So good luck working it until you decide it's time to move to something else.

HUGS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...