Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Progress on my scraps and a little finish.

Good morning all,

Hope you in the States are getting some Spring. Things here are starting to bloom, bringing allergies with it. But the sun, when it comes out, is nice. We are typically pretty wet this time of year, with pops of sun here and there.

I've been working with my 2" squares. Getting a lot of mileage out of them ;) I started out wanting to make the Scrap Jar Stars quilt. Here are my stars:



If you look closely, you'll see that I did the corners wrong! So I wanted to do a sashing or something between blocks and when I was looking at more scraps quilts, I found the Calico Rose quilt pattern.

Perfect to use with my scrappy stars. I have the middle of the alternate blocks done, but  I need to get some more background fabric before I can continue.

Then I pulled out these colors for a boy quilt.



Here is my progress on that. I need background fabric for it too.



I decided against making the spools quilt I had thought of doing. And instead, used up some small 1" wide fabrics for these Golden gate blocks. You can see that post here.



And this is the finished wall hanging that came of those.



Here is the progress on my Cornerstones quilt I am making for my middle son. This one won't have the same layout as the previous one, I'm doing it  a bit different. Need more fabric though, before I continue.

Block one, all but two of them will have different animal prints.


Block 2:





I also have my Bear quilt sandwhiched. I started quilting on it yesterday... just to find a bunch of snarls and mess with the bobbin... sigh~


So today I will look at my machine and figure out the issue. At least I can see I've made some progress from last month though.

Have a great day all!

post signature



1 comment:

Scrapatches said...

Nice work, Dorian. The embroidered quilt with the scrappy Golden Gate blocks is lovely. The Scrappy Stars is a personal designs change and it looks good. I love the block design and color placement for C's quilt The scrappy boy quilt is off to a good start, too. Looking forward to seeing more ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...