Saturday, May 25, 2019

Big Brown Bear is a finished quilt!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all having a great Saturday. I wanted to pop in real quick and show you my finished Bear quilt. This is my own design, putting together a few different blocks. The Bear and the cute paw print border comes from Lorna's Bear pattern



 This is the back. My future BIL is ex-navy, he served for 10 yrs and I thought I'd give a nod to him with this eagle, flying in the forest. 


My Sister and BIL live in the forest in Oregon. So I think this bear quilt will fit in their home just perfectly. They love the woods. ( On a side note, I find it fascinating that out of 4 of us girls (me and my 3 sisters), 3 of us married a man who had something to do with boats and water. Ken is ex-navy, as is my honey, and my other BIL Marc comes from a family of boat builders/sailers.... Of course, all three of our men came from California, where there is water right there LOL! so maybe that explains it :)

Back to the quilt.... Here you can see the quilting a bit. I used a mixture of loops, swirls, stars and hearts.


One last picture.



Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.


post signature

4 comments:

Carol said...

AWESOME finish, my dear friend! I know your sis will love it, as will her soon-to-be dh. I love seeing the snippets of scenery in the background of the pictures. ;-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, you have earned a rest!

Rebecca Burch said...

Ooooh, I LOVE your "Big Brown Bear" quilt! I love the eagle quilt you made for you BIL, too... is it a QOV? It's spectacular!

Scrapatches said...

What a wonderful quilty gift, Dorian! You did an amazing job with this big bear of a quilt, my friend. The combination of bear and bear paw blocks and tracks in the border is striking, as is your choice of fabrics and quilting. The backing is a standout quilt on its own. Bravo! ... :-) Pat

Ranch Wife said...

WOW! You have outdone yourself, Dorian! That is absolutely amazing and I love the nod to your BIL on the back. I'm so impressed with your quilting too...and those bear tracks on the border. I just love every aspect of your latest masterpiece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...