Monday, January 24, 2011

The weekend.

The weather has been pretty gorgeous here in California. I feel sorry for my friends out on the East coast, they keep getting snow and more and more cold temps. Now, I love the snow, but it's nice to have this break we tend to get this time of year here. Then about March we'll get more rain and even snow, although the snow never lasts very long at my place.

Here's a few pictures of the evening sky here. These were taken in November, but we are getting some gorgeous sunsets like these now, also.



I spent much of the weekend figuring out what I am going to do with the rest of my scrappy star wall hanging. I did decide to turn it on point. So spent a lot of time thinking about how to make those corner pieces, with the scraps I have.

Happily, by Sunday it was all figured out and I am 2/3rds the way done with it! I'll show pics soon.

I also spent a lot of time figuring my way around Blogger. I am happy to say I've learned quite a bit. LOL

I was able to put up 'pages', so now you can click on Tutorial at the top of my screen and see my Library bag tutorial. And when I get more pictures put in, you can see some of my quilts and bag creations. Like this bag here....



 It's my own, original design. I'm hoping to have patterns available soon. I've also made one that is the same pattern, only larger. For those of you who like large hang bags.

And I've been able to put up a link to Quiltstory's block party!! I am thinking of joining it, should be lots of fun! Not only do we get to see lots of great block designs, but there are some fabulous prizes too!

A good weekend, all in all....

Have a great day!



Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

2 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Dorian ... your bag is the colors or your sunsets! :) Both are very pretty. Looks like some "Taxi" fabric. I love that black and white and yellow fabric line. I have some of that in my stash. I should put it to good use like you have.

It is rather cold here in the northeast ... belowing frezing last night and only single digits outside right now ... brrrrrrrr! Still have those huge piles of snow ... and they do say we have a major storm on the way. Yikes ... but it is only 55 days until spring ... ;) Pat

Quiltstory said...

That bag is great...you can never have too many!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...