Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pre-cuts

I have a confession to make, I've never used a pre-cut in all my 16yrs of quilting! Amazing I know...they are so very popular right now. And all for good reasons.

I am wondering what your favorite pre-cuts are, and why? Do you prefer working with squares?

Small, charm packs?


Larger layer cakes?


Or strips, like jelly-rolls, honey-buns, etc?


  As you can see, I have some Sunkissed on my mind. I just LOVE this line by Sweetwater.

I plan on entering this jelly roll contest, and will use the Sunkissed line. Already have the wheels a turning, thinking up some designs. Anyone else  going to enter?

**********

On the Q&N forum, we have started our Robins for this year. The past 2 yrs we have done Round robins. This year we are doing a Row robin. They are so much fun! You sometimes have to work with colors or designs that are outside your box, so that makes it challenging. You make friends from all over the world (we have three Aussie Gals joining us this year! One from Britain, and a few in Canada), and you get a gorgeous quilt by the end of the year.

Here is my row for this year


It is 36" long, 6" high. I want my group of 6 other gals to use the same design, keeping the white part white, but choosing two other fabrics, instead of the pink and blue. It is a slight variation of  a Jacob's ladder.

Here is my Round robin from last year. Isn't it beautiful!! I just love it.






I can't wait to see what my Row robin will look like at the end of the year. I don't like to peek, and see what each person puts on mine. So I wait and have a surprise when it's all finished.


**********

So today, I will be working on Tiffaney's row robin. She is also a non-peeker, so I wont be able to show you what I do to it.

And I have some cooking to do, need to make some bread.

Have a great day all!


Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...