Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's time...

I think, it's time for me to start blogging here...on my own blog. I'll still continue over at Jess's also though. But I am gearing myself up to start getting some patterns of mine published. I am on the very first step to this endeavor though, so don't know how long it will take me. 

In the meantime....

I've been reading  over at Stash Manicure A LOT! And have decided it was time to turn this...

scrap pile

Into something better. A little background...

I have 3 plastic bins that I keep my fabric, scraps, UFO's and finished tops in. Yes, it's a very small stash. And as I  haven't been able to do much hand quilting, the quilt tops are piling up. I think I have 16 or 17 that need quilting!

And the bins are chaotic, I had all these little scraps thrown in with yardage and everything else. I could never find anything easily. So I took all my scraps out of my favorite-I-love-this-fabric-and-can't-throw-it-away bin and put them in little piles all over my table. 


I have strips and various triangles...

More strips and some odd shapes.



 These Kaufman fusions (sweet william) and some darling Maywood (the green with flowers) are some of my very, very favorite...



And this is what I did with them....





 A beautiful, 8 point star...





I have started putting this star into the middle of a quilt....will show you some more pictures later.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day.

Dorian

2 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on finally biting the bullet and starting your own blog, Dorian! Best of luck in your endeavors!

Carol

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful star, Ms Dorian!

I shall look forward to seeing more of your work and your patterns and your tutorials on your very own blog!

WTG, Girlfriend! :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...