Saturday, February 12, 2022

Macaroon mystery and another project

                             UPDATED WITH FINISHED MACAROON TOP


 Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying whatever weather you are having. We are in our usual warm and lovely February weather. I do so hope we get a good, cold, wet Spring though (as we often do).

I've been having fun with my beautiful Sunkissed and Spring Chicken fabrics. Both by Sweetwater, I was sooo happy when they brought these gorgeous, fun colors back! I've added in a few tone on tone fabrics that are not by Sweetwater, as well.


This is for the Macaroon mystery by Meadow Mist Designs. My blocks are all together now.

 

These are the setting triangles. The pattern calls for 2 background fabrics, but I ran out of both of them, so chose another swirl for them.


And since my background is sooo busy (But I love all those swirls!) I am going with a more sedate greens for the sashings. Some are tone on tone, and some are from the Spring Chicken line (although I didn't take a picture of them).



I'm also working on a Jacob's ladder quilt with these fabrics.

Isn't this pretty? I've been wanting to use it in a quilt for a few years now. I know that I am going to put a 3 or 4 inch border on my Jacob's ladder quilt, as it's only 36" square. So I picked this for the border, and chose some matching fabrics for it. I am also using a bit of the black in the blocks as well.


The pattern I am using is from Quilts and More Fall of 2018 issue. The block is a simple pattern of 4 squares and HST's.
   Here's my piles, I'm still sewing the HST's and have to press the 4 squares.



Here is what the block will look like. It's just 16 of these to make the quilt.


I don't know why I am adding to my 'to quilt' pile, when I have enough tops as it is, lol. But I sure do love piecing them :)

 

I am linking up to Pat's weekly linky party, thank you Pat :)

 

Have a great day, and thank you for stopping by.

  

Dorian 
 


2 comments:

ButterZ said...

Great work Dorian and some beautiful fabrics too.

Carol said...

Very pretty patterns! I love the colors too! You should almost make a deal with yourself that you finish quilting one quilt before you design more! :-) HUGS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...