Thursday, November 11, 2021

Time is flying

 Hi All,

Wow, where has the time gone! I didn't mean to be absent from the blog for so long. I've been in a sort of slump when it comes to my sewing. Doing some, but not taking pictures of it.

I spent a lot of time this year making lap quilts, well, the tops, but not quilting them. I tried to use up a lot of my scraps, but it doesn't seem my scrap pile has gone down any.

Here is a very busy 9 patch that I made, one of the few that I took a picture of. The offset blocks are some fun novelty prints that I got in a swap we did on the forum.


I also took my tiny 1.5" squares and made a variety of 16 patches with them. Then I used a charm pack of Hometown by Sweetwater (I wished I would of looked closer at this line when it was new, there are a few pieces I would of loved to have!) and a charm pack of Cozy Up by Corey Yoder (another great line!)  that my bqff (best quilting forever friend) gave me, Pat from the scrapatch.

The blue print is a touch more green than I would of liked, and the gray a bit too brownish, but as it's a scrappy quilt, they work just fine.

I had a varying amount of the colors, some I only made 4 blocks with, some I made 10 blocks with. So I played with my EQ and came up with this design. 


And here is a picture of it, it was a gloomy day out so I just laid it on my sewing table and took a quick shot.


There have been a handful more scrappy quilts and another one made with another of Corey Yorders fabric, I am really liking her fabric lines!, but this is all I have pictures of for now.

I'm doing  a bit of Christmas sewing now as well, can you believe it's Nov already??!! I have 2 turkeys in the freezer, so my family is happy, they love 'turkey' day :)

Thanks for stopping by, and thank you Pat for another weekly linkup.

Dorian

3 comments:

ButterZ said...

Wow Dorian it has been a while since your last post. This quilt does look amazing.mits great to see scraps being used up.

Carol said...

I always love to see what designs you can come up with. :) You never fail to amaze me with color choices. Keep it up! :-) HUGS!

Scrapatches said...

Time does indeed fly. The Sweetwater and Corey Yoder fabrics work well together for setting your 16 Patch scrap blocks. Good to see your pretty quilts, my friend ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...