Wednesday, July 7, 2021

I've gotten a few small quilts finished

 Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying your summer (winter). It's been going from hot to too hot here in California. When I was younger it didn't bother me so much.

But, I've gotten some smaller quilts finished, so that's a good thing. The first one is another baby quilt for a homeschooling friend of mine.


Here's a closeup, lots of little fishes and aquatic life.


So bright and colorful :) It's 40" square.

This next quilt is 40" square as well. A month ago some friends and I on my quilting forum each chose a 1/2 yrd of fabric out of our stash that we considered ugly. The hostess had drawn names for each of us and that is who we sent our 1/2 yrd of fabric too.

The fabric we recieved we had to make a quilt with, turning an ugly piece of fabric into something pretty. 

This is the fabric I was sent.


The colors in the picture are fairly accurate, maybe just a touch more purplish than pinkish though.

I dug thru my fabrics and came up with some to go with it. I decided on the Lone star pattern, it's a good pattern to use as the pieces are small.


I was happy to find coordinating fabrics in my stash. Here's a closeup.


I did have a few issues with the corners on that first border, but if you don't look too closely, you wont see them ;) 

I'm thinking my big Sis would like this quilt...it might look nice on her wall... what do you think Sis?

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day everyone.

I'm linking up with Pat today, on the scrapatch. Thank you Pat!

Dorian






2 comments:

Carol said...

Dorian, your eye for design is absolutely flawless in my opinion! That is a beautiful quilt! So glad you figured out how to turn "ugly" into striking!

The baby quilt is so cute!

HUGS!

Scrapatches said...

Very cute baby quilt and beautiful challenge quilt, my friend! The colors are a bit muddied and ugly in the fabric you were sent. The pattern you chose and your other fabrics and workmanship make it very pretty. Thanks for sharing in my linky party ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...