Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Sunshine blog hop

Hello, and welcome to my blog,

It's been a great few days of glorious Sunshine projects. Many thanks to Carla and her wonderful blog hops.

"Sunshine on my shoulders, makes me happy..."

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."


"I'm walking on sunshine... and don't it feel good!"

"It's going to be a bright, bright, sunshiny day"

"Here comes the sun, do-da-do-da... and I say, it's alright..."

" Good day sun shine, Good day sun shine..."

There are lots and lots of songs about sunshine and the sun. Sunshine makes you feel good, it brings warmth and growth, gives you free Vitamin D ;) I hope these projects of mine make you smile and feel good too.

I made this lone star not long ago. You can read about it here.



When I was picking out colors for a mystery quilt my quilt forum did in May, this beautiful butterfly fabric was one of my picks.



Here's the mystery quilt top. It's hard to see the butterflies, but they are there ;)

Pattern by Heather long of Coffee and quilts


And while I was busy choosing fabrics for this quilt, Carla announced the Stitching Sunshine blog hop.

And I knew that I needed to use those butterflies with that Lone star and make a quilt with it. 

This imagine popped into my head when I saw the word 'sunshine' and  I had to figure out how to bring that image out.




I wanted to make the quilt bigger, but I ran out of fabrics and I'm not sure what that I could match the gray, it doesn't have a name on the selvedge. 



And a few weeks later, my forum had a virtual camp week. That was a lot of fun. Games, recipes, a small mystery quilt, and lots of chat. I again ended up picking something yellow.



So lots of yellow, sunshine-y goodness being sewn lately. I hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects. Please be sure and visit the other blogs and see the wonderful creations that have been made.



Have a lovely day!



post signature




36 comments:

Turid said...

That lone star quilt is a beauty. I've never tried one, but now I'm tempted.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your projects are all amazing, especially the lone star quilt! It really pops against the mystery gray fabric!

Vicki in MN said...

I like how you put the yellow border around the lone star, it really adds to it and makes it unique.

Podunk Pretties said...

Lone Star quilts are so impressive, they shine bright in any colorway.

Rebecca Smith said...

I love your lone star!

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful, sunny, scrappy quilts, Dorian! Thanks for sharing in the hop ... :) Pat

Carol said...

Awesome, sunny projects! My favorite is the lonestar but all are neat. Thanks for sharing.

For the love of geese said...

I love the mystery quilt and the lone star quilt.

Carol Swift said...

Both of these quilts are just amazing and full of sunshine. Your lone star is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you had some BIG fun with the color yellow, Dorian! Perfect projects to share with the Hop!

Vasudha said...

The lonestar is so beautiful and cheerful. Just perfect for this bloghop.

Needled Mom said...

I've always wanted to make a Lone Star. Yours looks wonderful as does the mystery quilt.

Calicojoan said...

What a perfect way to set off that beautiful Lone Star. I have to say, I am madly in love with your mystery quilt. It is gorgeous! Looks like I have to add another pattern to my stack! LOL!!!!

Your sis said...

Beautiful quilts sis! So warm and summery! You are so creative.
Wish grandma could see your quilts. She would be so proud!
Hugs......

Charlene McCain said...

All of your projects are just beautiful! Love that butterfly fabric. Your Lone Star quilt is lovely, and the mystery quilt is gorgeous!

tink's mom said...

Your Lone Star Sun is amazing. So bright and cheerful. Your other 2 Yellow quilts are also just lovely.

works4me said...

Lovely sunny quilts.

Danice G said...

Both really pretty quilts. So sunny and bright.

Quilting Gail said...

You have me singing!
The lone star is beautiful - especially with the sun peaking out on the north, south, east & west sides of the quilt!

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of lovely "Sunshine" happening there. I think a few of us have enjoyed our virtual sewing times with friends.

Gloria said...

D., I enjoyed reading about your Lonestar. The butterfly fabric is so pretty and I can see why you needed to add it to your "sunshine" Lonestar quilt. I also enjoyed the opening of your blog....using so many lyrics filled with sunshine!!

sue s said...

I knew every one of those songs! Your Lone Star is really pretty. I'm enjoying your blog, which is new to me due to the Hop.

Pamela said...

The lone star is just wonderful, perfect project for the hop!

Carla said...

Lone Star gorgeousness!! Full of sunshine and that fabric is so sweet. What a great quilt and lovely to just sit and look at. Thank you for the inspiration!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilts! Love the lone star. Thanks so much for sharing!

Carol Andrews said...

Lots of sunny yellow in your beautiful quilts. Thank you for sharing. I especially love the way you finished that Lonestar with those sweet yellow suns. 😉 Carol

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Such beautiful quilts and you've now got me singing sunshine songs. You give us such a lift with your blog post. Thank you so much for sharing your creative endeavors.

Sharon said...

I really like your sunny, happy quilts. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Pretty lonestar!

Sue D said...

Pretty and fun quilts. I like the butterfly fabric.

Marian said...

I loved all of these projects... was loving the lonestar but then seeing the yellow pinwheel project also really made me think how awesome is that yellow background... Just wonderful!!

Pamela said...

What beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing this!

LJ said...

What a beautiful Lone Star quilt with the sun peeking out from underneath. You captured the sunshine with that quilt. Thanks for sharing; it is wonderful.

Janis said...

Loving your Lone Star quilt and the mystery quilt you did - both beautiful. I'm wondering how far north you are, your sunset photo looks rather similar to mine, though I expect you are farther north. I'm in Paradise CA and live on the rim of one of the canyons here. I'm rather new to blogging and would love to get to know another quilt blogger that is in the same region, though I'm enjoying blogs from all over the country.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I love your lonestar with the sunshine in it. Great fabrics.

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- I love that lonestar quilt! I've always wanted to make one but never have. I have one that my mother started (it's a small one) and I really should finish it. I LOVE LOVE the clever suns you stuck in there and I love the way you finished out the corners. Beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...