Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snow, and some New Fabrics

Hello Everyone,

Baby it's cold outside! We are having a very cold, cold snap here in CA. It was 22 when I woke up this morning, with the lowest windchill over night at -2! BRRR.

This is what it looked like when we woke up Thursday morning.


Isn't it beautiful! I love a crisp, clear day. Bright blue sky, crisp, clean snow...


The kids are having a good time playing in it. Isaiah loves to watch the big boys plow it with the tractor, and 'help' out by going for a ride.

As much as I enjoy snow, my arthritic body doesn't. So I mostly stay indoors. This week I got these in the mail to play with :)


These posted above will be made into a quilt for my oldest. He is in need of a big quilt, he's 6'3" tall! And hasn't had a new quilt in quite a few years. So it's time. I have the pattern all drawn out, I need to draft it though, getting all the sizing/etc right. The quilt will be made of hexies and triangles.

I also bought this beautiful Shabby Chic piece.


It was on sale, and just happen to jump in my cart ;) lol I received a lovely FQ from my bf Carol for Christmas, which this piece will fit right in with. I have no thoughts on what I will do with them yet. But they are lovely to look at.

I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend.
post signature


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...