Thursday, November 17, 2011

A gaggle of geese

It's finally time for changing colors here. We have a lot of black oaks, and they look beautiful with there yellow and light green leaves.

Which also mean it's time for geese...


These ones are flying around my sewing room. The ones below are flying overhead outside, looking for a warmer climate.


I am pairing up my geese with some signature blocks. Not sure if they have another name or not, but this is what I know them as.


I've gone thru my stash, looking for tone on tones and solids to match.



Throw in a few monkeys...


And put the geese together in long rows.


Lots of ironing and trimming!! UGH, I hate trimming...but it's the only way to tame these geese. Do you know, I make better geese if I cut out three triangles and sew them together, then if I make them the shortcut way?? Weird.

The zigzag, dots and monkeys (Anne Kelle prints) are leftover from my monkey quilt.  I thought the zigzags would make cute geese, and they do! lol

I'll show you how all my blocks play together, when I'm finished. It's going to be a baby quilt.

Have a great day!

post signature

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very cute.

Carol said...

Eager to see how it all comes together!

Carol

Gmama Jane said...

My geese look better the hard way too but I stick with the short cut anyway. I tend to cut off my triangle points. Let us see it once you have it in progress.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love the geese and the monkeys! Not a combination you'd normally think of ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...