Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Monkey quilt

 My friends dd has received her quilt, she says she loves it :) So here it is. It's an original design, by me.

I just LOVE this zig zag binding!


The theme of the nursery is Jungle. So I just HAD to draft a 'monkeys jumping on the bed' block.


A simple quilt, but fun to make and look at.


And the pieced backing, with the label in the middle.


The fabric:

Monkeys - Urban Zoology by Ann Kellie
zig zag and polkadots - Remix by Ann Kellie (I just love this line!)
Kona solids

I'll have to look and see who the maker of the back fabric is. I've forgotten.

Have a great day!

PS, don't forget to drop me a comment and leave me your name, if you're a wantobe quilter! LOTS of prizes you could win over at the Stash, come August.
post signature

3 comments:

Karen M said...

I'm not a wanna be, but I just had to say that I love the monkey quilt. So cute. The recipent must be thrilled.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh my gosh!! I love it. It's so funny! I love the bright colours and the binding is awesome.
Lucy
http://charmaboutyou.blogspot.com

Miss Hillbilly said...

That is really cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...