Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An art tote

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. With lots of friends, family, food....and sewing! LOL.

I'm linking up with Jenna at SewHappyGeek. Thanks Jenna.

And with Karen at sewmanyways. Thanks Karen!




Sew Happy Geek


My Daughter is an avid writer and drawer. She has books on how-to-draw animals, people, and other things. She writes short stories and in a journal. She always is toting around books, paper, pens, etc. So, I decided she needed a good art tote.


 I put thin cardboard in between the outer and inner fabric, instead of batting. To make it nice and stiff. It has two sturdy handles, and two zippers to keep everything inside.


 A large pocket, a smaller pocket and a zip pouch.


So it holds quite a bit of stuff. The pockets are nice and roomy. And it's made with some tougher broadcloth type stuff.

Let me know if anyone would like a tutorial on it.

Have a great day!


 Thanks for stopping by Dorian

5 comments:

Linda said...

I sure a lot of us would love to see a tutorial. What a cute and useful tote!!

Carol said...

Great job on the art tote, Dorian! And I LOVE what you did with your blog! See what my going away does for you? lol

Carol (NJ)

Mary Ann said...

Love your art tote!! Just like Linda, I would enjoy a tutorial, too. I invite you to add it to Toot-torial Tuesdays on rocknquilts.blogspot.com Thanks for considering!

FeltByRae said...

I love it and my twin nephews would too... and since my plan is to make homemade presents for all this year, I think that's the boys sorted! Thank you for the inspiration

Scrapatches said...

Dorian, nice art tote! Rachel is a lucky girl ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...