Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another fabric Tues

WOW, I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by! I guess I've been hibernating. Last week was so cold and wet. We had rain/snow just about everyday until yesterday. Then we finally got some sun.

I'm doing a link party again this week. Thank you so much Heather and Megan, it's always fun to see what others are doing. And to show off what I am doing....although sometimes it just isn't much. I have to wait till I can get some fabric, to finish my DP16-patch, but I'll be sure to show you as soon as I do :)



Fresh Poppy Design


This week I want to show you my 'boy bag'. I've been making bags with girls in mind, of course! I love a pretty bag, whether it's a purse, tote or little clutch. I actually get attached to one purse, and just use that till it's used up. But I enjoy looking at them all.

But Rae over at Made by Rae and Dana at Dana made it had a month to celebrate the boy. And I jumped on the band wagon...albeit too late to show over at their sites.

My youngest son is 6, he loves bags, boxes and anything he can get his hands on to organize all his toys. His Daddy bought him a plastic box with 4 littler boxes in it, and each little box has sections...it's supposed to be for tools, screws, nuts, etc...but Littleboy uses it for some of his Lego's. LOL.

So, I made a fun boy bag.


It has lots of pockets.


Some hooky spots, for hooking on flashlight, compass, etc.


I wanted to add a mesh bottle holder, for a water bottle, but didn't have any.

It has a nice flap, with a pocket under it for binoculars or whatever.



A perfect bag for a nature walk, plenty of room for pencil, paper, snack, bug catchers, and anything else he may want to bring along.

Or he can fill it with small toys, crayons, books for a long car trip.

These cute little clips are my dh's idea. He thought it would be a fun thing on a boys bag. A few days after he bought me these, is when I came across Dana's blog. And low and behold, she, too, made a cute bag with these clips!

Well I hope I have more to show you this coming week. I'll try not to be so quiet.

Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great job, Dorian! Cool blue! He'll love it!

Quiltstory said...

That is a great bag! What a fun gift! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...