Tuesday, January 29, 2019

more scraps and chains

Hello All,

We have had such lovely weather lately. It's been nice after all the rain we got, with more to come this weekend. This time of year is typically sunny and warm, but we really need the rain, so I am glad we've been having it.

I have been playing with scraps more. I dumped out my scrap box and started sorting and trimming. I love the pile of trimmings :)




Here is what I ended up with. 



LOTS of 2" and 2.5" squares!



I sorted thru the 2.5" pile, getting out 8 different colors (it's for a boy quilt, so I wanted specific colors).




 So that I  can make the quilt below.


That quilt is made by  Deanna, at Wedding Dress Blues. She has a LOT of great tutorials for scraps. 

For some reason, I couldn't throw away this pile of little's.  Mostly scraps that are between 1/2" and 1" wide. I just love them!  Some little squares I'll figure out something to do with...


And you know what?? Deanna has a tutorial for them too! For this spools quilt.



AND, when I want to play with more scraps, she has a great Irish Chain star quilt I want to do!! 

Thank you Deanna, for all the lovely tutorials!! I'll be sure to keep cutting up my scraps into, mostly, squares. I DO have a baggy of triangles to use in that star quilt too ;)

I love chain quilts. I recently finished this Irish chain top. I'm not sure if I'll do a border or not.



And on my quilt forum, we were doing a mystery quilt, and turns out it was a chain quilt too! Here are my blocks for that.


Yes, another pink quilt. I do like pink :) I need to get off the computer and start putting these into a top.

Have a great day ya'all!

post signature


1 comment:

Scrapatches said...

You make such beautiful quilts with your scraps, Dorian. The red and green Irish Chain is so bright and happy. There are some good tutorials on Wedding Dress Blue. Your mystery quilt is looking wonderful. I do love your fabric choices, especially the scrappy pink background ... <3 Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...