Friday, February 22, 2019

Log cabins and ?

Hello All,

 I've just kept on playing with my scraps. I see these little pieces of favorite fabrics and just have to do something with them.

 I have these log cabin blocks.


And here is a few that are smaller.



Then I did these blocks. I took a Greek Cross and added an extra bar to it. Not sure if these have a name or not.


And here is some in pink.


I really like these blocks. They are 4.25", so you know I used some small pieces.

I have scraps out for making 4 more of these blocks. I am going to surround a piece of embroidery with them and then make another round using the log cabins. Not sure if I am going to make more log cabins, or do something different and use the big ones in the corners. We'll see when I get there.

We've had snow, rain, sun and more snow. It's been an interesting February for us. But the mountains are getting a great snow pack, and that is so important to get us thru the hot summer.

Have a great day!


post signature
all rights reserved

2 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Wonderful use of your small scraps, Dorian! These blocks will make a nice frame to your embroidery or in any mini quilt. Sew inspiring. I am trying to use up some of my scraps. Saturday is usually my day to play with scraps ... :-) Pat

Ranch Wife said...

Oh, it looks like you are having fun!! Your blocks are wonderful - full of so many pretty scraps. I can't wait to see what you design with them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...