Monday, January 14, 2019

The Irish Chain

Hi Folks,

Chain quilts are my very favorite type of quilt pattern. And the Irish chain is my favorite chain quilt. Here is one I made and gifted to my Aunt. I love this one :)




So, I had a 10" layer cake of  Butterflies and Berries by Riley Blake designs.
  and I thought it would make a darling Irish chain quilt. Here is what the fabrics look like. I love the heart butterflies :)

                     Petite Butterflies & Berries 10" Stacker The RBD Designers for ...

I had a jelly roll of Red Simply color by V and Co. I love this line, have a jelly roll of orange too :)


Then I found some red hearts on white background and some greens to go with it all... And my Irish chain quilt is underway.


This is going to make a darling little girl quilt.... now I'll have to find a little girl to give it to :) lol

Have a great day.

post signature

5 comments:

Carol said...

Dorian, your muses are working overtime giving you ideas and you are coming through beautifully! Those fabrics will look wonderful! Lucky little girl, whoever she is!

cv quilter said...

Wow, Dorian, what a beautiful array of fabrics. Pretty, girly, and cheery. I definitely want to follow along as your Irish Chain progresses. I DO love those fabrics. I'm sure when it's completed you will find the perfect, lucky, little girl to gift it to.

Scrapatches said...

I remember that Irish Chain Quilt. I have always found it inspiring. The new colorful fabrics will make a wonderful red and green and pink Irish Chain quilt. You always find fabulous fabric in your stash and put them together for just the right combination of colors and designs. Looking forward to seeing this one in progress ... :-) Pat

Unknown said...

I found your blog to have so many fun quilts on it and this is just one more to add to the beauty. Keep up the great work.

Ranch Wife said...

I love Irish Chain quilts too! Yours is going to be beautiful with the fabrics you've pulled together - I love doing that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...