Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Disappearing 9 patch, and a finish

Hello Everyone,

It's crazy how fast this year is going. The older I get, the faster it seems to go.

I've been working a lot with my scraps this year. It feels good to get them used up.

Yesterday I pulled out my 2 1/2" squares to play with. Sorting them by color, dark and light.


I am making a disappearing 9 patch. You take a simple 9 patch. And cut it in the middle on both sides.


Then you have 4 blocks that look like this. That you can switch around..


Turning this way and that...


Until you have a design you like...


You can mix and match them too...


I still have a lot of 9 patches to make, so am not sure how I am going to make the final layout. Stay tuned :)

Here is another finish I did in Sept. This one was finished right at the end of the month. I'm calling it mosaic tiles.


I was fascinated by this triangle, made by using a square and 2 triangles.


You put four of them together and you get this block.


I'm sure this has a name, but I don't know what it is. I just that it was a fun block to make. Now that the quilt is finished, I wished I would of made it bigger. This one is 44 x 50. I think the two borders really set it off. I'm sure a little girl somewhere will love it, it's going in my donate pile.

It's a good thing I have lots of scraps to play with, as there are lots of great scrappy quilts to make!




post signature







all rights reserved

2 comments:

Carol said...

I absolutely love that mosaic tile quilt! It's soo striking! You do such lovely work. :-)

Scrapatches said...

I love how you use up your scraps to make beautiful quilts ... well done! :-) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...