Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Scrappy Irish stars top

Hello All,

The summer here has just been so lovely, I can't get over it. We've had very few days over 90 degrees, and none over 95, and that is almost unheard of! I feel very blessed to have such great weather this year. I pray that it keeps the fire danger down. August/Sept are the two worst months for fire in California.

I've finished piecing my scrappy Irish stars! The pattern is at Wedding Dress Blues. I debated about putting a border on it, but I don't think I will. It is at 70x80 right now. I think a border might detract from it's scrappy goodness.




This quilt has some of my very favorite fabrics in it. The background for the stars is from Sweet waters Sunkissed collection, which is my all time favorite :)


There's some V& Co fabrics (that bright orange loveliness). And some Maywood (the roses). 


That cute kitty is Here Kitty Kitty fabrics I got with the kit for this quilt.


Love those gray butterflies too... so many great collections here :)

This quilt to will go put away for now. I have a few other quilts I want to get quilted up before I tackle this one.

Have a great day all!

post signature

2 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wonderfully scrappy! Can I ask how big are the squares in the chain? I have a lot of squares I've cut from scraps and always keeping an eye out for options.

Carol said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dorian! That will make a beautiful bed cover! Congrats on a great finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...