Friday, May 22, 2015

Taming the scraps



Hello Everyone,

My poor little blog, I've been neglecting it again. I seem to be in a slump, and haven't been doing that much sewing lately.

So I decided that my newest, and smallest, scrap bin is in danger of overflowing, and I had better do something about it.

I've been sorting... here's some squares of various sizes


Lots and lots of strips, mostly 2.5", but there are some smaller and a few larger. They aren't sorted into various sizes yet, just piled up.


And even some triangles.


My first thought, with all those strips, is a chain quilt of some sort. I love Irish chains. I've been playing around with EQ. And think I have a plan....but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to have to do two quilts here. A triple Irish chain with all those strips, and then something else... we shall see.

But I have to put those aside for now, because I have some beautiful RR's to work on.


One with 30's fabrics, and a bright, jewel starred one. I have to put my thinking cap on and pull out my 30's scraps.

What have you been up to?

Have a great day.

post signature

4 comments:

Rosa said...

Very nice.Happy sewing!

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, look at all those beautiful scraps! My scrap bin is out of control -- I need to follow your lead. My poor blog has been neglected too -- I'm blaming Instagram -- it seems my online time is spent there and it's so sad -- I love blogs so much more!!!

Ranch Wife said...

I need some of your scrap taming inspiration. They seem to multiply faster than I can get them sewn up! I'm looking forward to seeing your scrappy projects. Those 2 quilts look charming...I am a pushover for 30's prints.

Scrapatches said...

Great scraps! The RR are really beautiful ... and really different. I am sure you will come up with the perfect borders for these beauties. You always do. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these scraps and borders. Hope you have a happy quilty time ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...