Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Irish Star

Hello Everyone,

The latest scrap quilt I've been working on is the Irish star. A pattern I found here, on the Wedding Dress Blues blog.

I am loving these stars!!!




 I made 28 of them, in 7 different colors (I have some blue ones too). I am glad the stars are done, as I was starting to get bored putting them together. lol. As much as I love them, repetition too many times is no fun ;)

Now I have to make 28 chain blocks. Here they are, all cut out and ready to go.


I know it's not a 'true' scrappy quilt, but I only wanted certain shades and I had to have them put in some kind of order. It's going to be a nice sized quilt, 76 x 85 without borders. I'm sure I'll add one or two of those though also.

Thanks for the great pattern, Deanna.


post signature


6 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

It is a wonderful planned scrappy quilt.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh, that's going to be a great scrappy quilt! I love Deanna's designs and I've been tempted by this one. I think I've made over 50 sets of her potholders. LOL.

Scrapatches said...

What a lovely scrappy quilt you are making, my friend! ... :-) Pat

Carol said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt! It is stunning!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Fun stars! Getting ready to make a bunch myself.

Sewing Machine beginners said...

This is a nice article.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...