Sunday, July 21, 2019

Some quilty progress

Hello Everyone,

I hope your Summer (winter) is going well. It's been beautiful here. Highs haven't gotten out of the 80s! Which is just soooo nice, as usually we are roasting by now. I see that our temps are going to go up this week though, so I guess our hot summer has begun.

I've been working on getting my Phires Compass top quilted up. I tell myself every year "this is the year to get lots of quilting done" and it just doesn't happen. This is my second quilt this year that I am quilting, but I have 3 more in progress of being made, and I have added at least 2 more tops to my 'to quilt' pile. I'll never see the end of that pile at this rate ;)  

Looking at the link for this quilt, I realized I never showed you a finished top...hmm, I'll make sure to take pictures once the top is quilted :) But here you can see the progress I am making on quilting it.


I'm doing lots of flowers, leaves, swirls and loops. I have done a few new-to-me loopy designs that I got from Lori Kennedy. I have her first book, and I really like it. I follower her blog too and have learned many different quilting motifs. I'm practicing lots on this quilt, which is the best way to practice for me. on a quilt top ;)

I have these two lovely piles of scrappy goodness, waiting to be put into a  quilt top. These are the Irish stars and chain blocks.



I'll be putting these together soon.

Have a great day! Stay cool... or warm...

post signature

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Very pretty quilty goodness. Looking forward to seeing more ... :-) Pat

Ranch Wife said...

I'm so impressed with your quilting on your Phires Compass, Dorian! I really need to just put one under the needle and quilt it, but I only have one sewing machine and I feel like I have to quilt an entire quilt and while it is in progress, I wouldn't have a machine to piece on. So silly.
I am smitten with Deanna's Irish Stars quilt and seeing your pretty blocks makes me want to start one too. It's hard to resist all of that scrappy goodness.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What an interesting quilt you are working on! I'm a scrap quilter through and through, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that Irish Stars and Chains top come together. Please make sure to post a photo of that one, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...