Saturday, August 4, 2018

Cornerstones is finished!!

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well with you and yours.

My Cornerstones quilt is complete! The blocks have my favorite fabric line in them, Sunkissed by Sweetwater. Also some Kona Bay fabrics. I can't remember the name of the colorful fabrics, I think it is Boundless by Crafty, but I could be wrong.



 I started this in the last half of 2015, so it's about time it was quilted and bound. LOL



You can see the quilting a bit in the picture below. Elongated orange peel in the borders and big flowers in the blocks, with swirly centers.


Here is the back, just a plain black flannel. I have never used black like this in a quilt before. But those jewel like colors needed something to set them off, and black was it.


Sorry for the poor coloring in these photo's, they don't really show off the beautiful colors very well. But it's very, very smoky right now, due mostly to the awful Redding fire. And  a few other fires contributing to the smoky air is well.

Have a great day!


post signature
all rights reserved

3 comments:

Carol said...

Dorian, you did a GREAT finishing job to that Cornerstones quilt! I love the colors! :-)

Scrapatches said...

This quilt finished beautifully, Dorian! Wonderful quilting. The black is a nice contrast to the bright colors. I am sorry to hear your air quality is so smoky. May you and yours stay safe and well ... <3 Pat

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, it looks fantastic!! I love the colors too :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...