Thursday, March 8, 2018

Small, smaller, smallest Blog hop

Hello All,

Welcome to the small, smaller, smallest blog hop, put on by Carol on Just Let Me Quilt.
 Thanks Carol, for another fun blog hop!

I took the words to heart and made three items, progressively smaller. I enjoy making new bags, and this blog post is devoted to a few of them.

This is my original purse pattern. I love this pattern, it has just enough pockets for me. It's not too small, but not large at all.




Here is the inside, a place for my wallet (in the first few purses' I've made like this, I put a zipper on the middle pocket for my wallet, but left it off this time), a few small pockets for a phone/cards/etc. and plenty of larger pockets for what-have-you.



I don't carry a lot around with me in my purse, so this is just perfect for me. I quilted the outside of it this time too :)



My next project is a sew together bag. This is such a great project bag!




I've made several of them, for friends and family. This time I finally made one for me. Isn't it colorful and fun!



I've stuffed mine full of embroidery stuff. I don't embroider a whole lot, but I do enjoy having a project around to sew on. Especially to Drs appt./etc.



And since I had a new purse, I certainly needed a new wallet :) My big Sis had this wallet, and I admired it, so she bought me a pattern. This is the Grommet Wallet, by Amy Barickman.



The original pattern has a strap to hold it together, but I don't like it, so I left it off.
Its very roomy, with plenty of space for cards. A place for bills, one for recipts and one for coins.



I hope you like my projects :) Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I made. Make sure to visit the other Ladies sharing this day with me.

March 8


Thanks again for stopping by, have a great day!

28 comments:

sjaoce said...

I love all of your small-smaller projects. They are beautiful and practical -- win-win! I was also drawn to the paper pieced tree skirt in your header. Do you have a pattern for sale for that?

krislovesfabric said...

Very sweet projects, I specially like your sew together bag!!

Carol said...

Cool projects! I especially like all the pockets in your purse and your embroidery bag. Pockets are so necessary! Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ann said...

Love all your bags. I am a pocket gal too! Thanks so much for sharing these projects with us.

Carol Swift said...

I don't just like your small projects, I love them! Three different kinds of bags full of pockets, slots, and zippers made with bright cheery fabrics is definitely an amazing group of small projects. Thank you so much for hopping with us and sharing this great purse ideas! :O)

Kwilty Pleasures said...

I have two sew together bags and they were gifts. I have the pattern, but never made one myself. Nice bags on your post,

Carla said...

You can never go wrong with purses, bags, and wallets. Perfect inspiration for me this morning. Thank you so much.

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I love that Sew Together bag. I have seen so many and need to make one myself too.

Marian said...

I love your bags, I love all the pockets to, I'm not someone who carries a lot around in my purses either and normally I usually just grab my wallet and go. I only take a purse when we travel. I wouldn't want a strap on a wallet either, you'd always have to be tieng it, I'd rather button or snap it back into a closed position. but I do like the pattern for the wallet.

Calicojoan said...

I have all the parts for a Sew Together bag ready to go, but have yet to start on it. Now you've got me thinking...I need to get going on it. Thanks for that gentile shove in the right direction!

LJ said...

Great projects; so many useful things, too. Your Sew Together bag is really cute; I've made one so I know they are a bit of a challenge. Now the wallet...perfectly wonderful...I need one and must get busy.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice pieces

Patty said...

Love the wallet!

Scrapatches said...

Very pretty projects, my friend! Love the bag and matching wallet. Just right for toting those essentials. I do not like a big bag either. The embroidery pouch fabric is so pretty. Looks sew useful. You do such a great job sewing these bags up. Thank you for sharing in the hop ... :) Pat

allthingzsewn said...

I'm a big fan of that sew together bag, really like the fabric too.
And while I'm here, I agree with you, we need more Billy Grahams in
this old world.

Susan said...

Those are all really great bags - well done!!

tink's mom said...

3 great bags. love that little one that holds everything in its perfect spot.

Farm Quilter said...

Great bags! I haven't ever made one but I'm really kinda lusting after your project bag!!

Sherry said...

Very pretty! I wish I were a bag kind of girl. I just carry a wallet now, so I'm afraid I'd forget to keep up with a bag. Love yours though.

Kathy E. said...

Dorian, your attention to detail is amazing! I've always admired women who make their own bags and wallets, but I haven't attempted it myself. Yours definitely look professional and so well done!

Kim said...

Your bags are beautiful! I love making bags. You can never have enough bags ;D

Kathy H said...

Thanks for sharing your projects. Glad you finally got that bag for yourself! Great details on all of them.

Beth said...

Isn't it great when you finally make something for yourself, and break out fabric you've been saving, or especially love? Good for you!

Creativeblonde66 said...

Very pretty projects 💕

Sharon said...

Great projects! And isn't it fun to make something to keep, just because you like it.

Martina said...

Beautiful bags! Love every single one! That is really a beatiful fabric and well used now!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great bags. I need to make a sew together bag. But right now I am on the hunt for a perfect big bag pattern. Like a Tote.

Corrie said...

Very ambitious! They are all great. Enjoy them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...