Sunday, July 27, 2014

July goal...MET!


Hello Everyone,

Hope your Summer is going well. The weather has been interesting, going up and down between the lower 80s and upper 90s. We even got a few Tstorms with rain! That was nice. It was actually so chilly one morning, I had to put on a sweatshirt.

My July goal for ALOYF was to finish quilting and bind this cute charity quilt.



I did straight line stitching on both sides of horizontal and vertical seams. I think it came out just right.


I had the perfect backing in my stash :)


Now I need to get it sent off, it's been sitting in my house too long.



Have a great day All!

 Hooking up with Kim.


A Lovely Year of Finishes


 post signatureall rights reserved mtnmommy2.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

That is SUCH a cool quilt! I looked, looked again, eyes roving back and forth, love it!! That is exactly what you usually want the eye to do, no? Happy colours for a kid, too! I am working on another Scrap-a-Palooza quilt that uses 2.5" squares, threw out a couple of triangles, but might pull them OUT of the garbage can and sew a light to a dark and maybe make one of these babies! Love the quilting too, just perfect!

Carol said...

Congrats on another completed project! You're moving right along! What's next on the agenda? lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so much fun! So colorful and cheery. I love your quilting plan, too. Congratulations on reaching your goal.

Michele said...

It is adorable and yeah to you for the finish.

Created by Kathi said...

Dorian, Love how your quilt and quilting turned out! Great to meet a goal too :) I host a linky party end of each month for goals postings.. you should check it out next month when I do it again... Last weekend of the month! Great post would have been perfect for the linky! Looking forward to seeing what is up your sleeves next to make! Kathi

Scrapatches said...

This finished wonderfully, Dorian! So bright and happy. The layout you chose for these blocks is very striking and the quilting finishing details are sew nice. Love the backing fabric ... nice work ... :) Pat

Carol said...

That's a fun, bright quilt with 2 of my favorite colors. Very nice. I had to look twice to notice it wasn't all chevron....it's fun how you changed the pattern up with the diamond squares. Very fun.

Ranch Wife said...

What fun colors and your layout is wonderful - I love the little cars turned every which way. I think your quilting is perfect too - everything together makes for great movement in the quilt and it is sure to bring a little boy much joy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...