Thursday, September 8, 2011

A hello..

 To all my new followers!! So glad you could drop in and see what I am doing. I hope you enjoyed looking around, and I hope you come back often.

I'm still trying to get out of my rut. It's supposed to be HOT for the next 3 days,blah!! Then we'll cool off into the 80s...at least, that's what they are saying now. So I hope the cooler temps will help with the quilting rut. I have so many things I want to do!

Right now, I am working on my friends baby quilt. I got it all basted and started quilting it today.


I am not a machine quilter, this is only the third baby quilt I'm attempting to machine quilt. I need lots of practice.

I'm a simple type of gal. I like the simple, easy going life...so that reflects in my quilts too, I think. I love the simplicity of straight lines....of course, there are many of you who do absolutely gorgeous long-arm quilting! I just love it. But, I don't think I will ever get that far. I do more intricate work when I hand quilt though.


This is as far as I've gotten...ONE block...the back is looking good, there are no puckers. But when I went from this block, to the next block I started getting puckers on the front?! What am I doing wrong? sigh~ at this rate it's going to take me a lot longer to quilt it than I had hoped.

I am not into making Halloween things, and I have a few nice Thanksgiving table runners, that's about all I decorate. So the next big holiday will be Christmas, and I need to start getting some things done for that.

I bought this lovely FQ bundle of Flurry from LolaPink Fabrics.

 

So that will be a nice start to C deco's. I have to get a secret santa gift done. So am trying to think of something cute to do. I think this bundle will be great for that project.

That's all the quilty news around here...

Have a great day all!




PS, don't forget to drop me a comment and leave me your name, if you're a wantobe quilter! LOTS of prizes you could win over at the Stash, come August.
post signature

2 comments:

ferne said...

Hi! I am Ferne from Shingle Springs and I work in Red Bluff at the Garden Center...looks like we are almost neighbors. As far as your quilting problem...have you tried using a basting spray? I use 505, but there are others and it helps to spray both sides and pin about every 4 inches then everything will stay in place and you shouldn't get puckers.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh, do I dream of owning a long-arm quilting machine! I really struggle, esp with bigger quilts on my regular machine. I do passable work, if I go slow and take my time, but I, too, long for those beautiful, even strokes those machines can help do! Are you using a walking foot for your straight-stitching? That's a must. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...