Thursday, June 9, 2011

An early Birthday....

 At least, that is how is seems :)

Yesterday, family and I went into Chico for some running around: the library and food shopping mostly. Well dh drove up to the quilt store and told me to go spend some money, how could I refuse?! LOL, he's such a sweety. This is the second time in a row he has done this, that BOTH times the quilt store was having an awesome sale. Yesterday's sale was 40-50% off the whole store!

I came home with these pretties. A few Kaufman and a few Joanna Figtree.


And then today, the mailman  called and said he had a couple of packages for me :)

The first one was from my Dear friend Pat. Some lovely Sunkissed, a few from Joel Dewberry (I think) and ...ummm...I am REALLY bad at remembering names and such...unless I've been drooling over certain fabric for awhile, I just can't remember...anyways..

The are all SO LOVELY. Thank you so much Pat :)


The second package came from my Dear Grandma, the same one I made a handbag for in this post. Sadly, Grandma says she can't do quilting anymore (she is in her late 80s) and so she asked if I wanted some of her fabric. This is a fun box of stuff! Some older, some newer, all lovely.

Thank you Grandma, I love you.



 And my birthday is still a few weeks away ;)

I hope you are having a lovely day too.

*On a side note. I was changing/adding a few things to a few of my tutorials yesterday. And one decided to move it's self up to the front of the line, LOL. So that's why I had a re-post of a tute yesterday. I'll just leave it alone, it's not harming anything there :)

Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh what a great day you had yesterday, Dorian! Those fabrics Pat sent you are lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will create with them. Your gma is so sweet too, to think of you and send you that lovely assortment. I just wish you could thank her in person!

Scrapatches said...

Yay! My dear friend, Dorian, I am so happy your squishy arrived and that your birthday month is filled with beautiful fabrics! Those older fabrics from your Grandma are a treasure, for sure! That was a wonderful sale at the shop in Chico ...beautiful choices. I love Fig Tree designs ... so soft and pretty. I am sew looking forward to all the beautiful things you will make with all these pretties ... :) Pat

Thimbleanna said...

Well, it looks like you are very well loved LOL! The perfect making's for a wonderful birthday month!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...