Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DP16 progress....and a finish

Good Tuesday morning! You know what that means....


Fresh Poppy Design




So here is my progress on my DP16 patches. I decided to go with this block.


I have 9 blocks, 2 each of all of them, except this red/blue.


I'll be ordering some solid white this week, to get these blocks in a quilt top.

~~~~~~~~

And now a finish.... This is my FQ bag.

  My Grandma is 88 yrs old. She and her Mother both quilted, crochet and knitted.

 My Grandma has headaches and dizzy spells, her eyes get tired easily....but she still can make her newest Great-Grand DD a quilt! I hope I am still quilting at age 88!!

So she emailed me a few days ago, and asked if I would make her another purse. She loved the one I gave her last year for her birthday, but needs one a bit bigger.


 
I hope Grandma likes her new purse!

Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

6 comments:

Carol said...

Love the quilt, but especially love the bag. How sweet that you made it for her.

Sew Many Mamas said...

Love the colors of your blocks! And the bag is great!

Carol said...

Dorian, you did a great job with Gma's purse! I love the vibrant colors in your quilt too and can't wait to see the white sashing in between blocks. That will really bring it to life. Good job! And just so you know, I REALLY LOVE my table runner! :-D

ktquilts said...

Love those blocks!!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

I really like those blocks, cool design with so much color! I am also impressed your 88 yr old gma knows to email, that is great!

Quiltstory said...

That quilt is going to be so cute!! I can't wait to see it. I love that each block is it's own colorway, it's going to look fabulous all together. Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...