Saturday, October 27, 2018

Under my needle

Hello Everyone,

I've been busy in the sewing room. First making bear paw blocks, then swapping them out with an online group of fun Ladies. Here is the ten I received back.



I am going to make a quilt out of them and this bear, that I got from Lorna's Bear Paw pattern. I had to change it up just slightly, as I didn't want the sashing and cornerstones in it.


I'm working on the border pieces right now. And there are LOTS of them!!


Each of the bear paw prints are 4.5" unfinished, which means these are tiny pieces! The white is cut at 1" and the brown is cut at .75"! But you cut the strips and sew them together, then subcut them, so it isn't too tedious.


I also got a few table runners finished. My sweet Big Sis sent me these, you can cut all four apart and make place mats with them, but I like to use table runners, so I sewed two together, with some matching fabrics.


I put one facing one way, and one another because there is six of us at the table and we sit on each side of it.


The colors did not come out very good. They are gray and a light aqua color.

And I've started my Christmas gifts! I need to get going, Christmas is going to be here before we know it :)

The weather is beautiful. Cool at night, warm in the afternoon. Crisp and Fall like, with the leaves all turning colors....now we just need some rain!

Hope you are all well and enjoying some sewing time.

post signature

4 comments:

Jo said...

I do like the bear paw quilt pattern. I use table runners too.

Scrapatches said...

You have been sew busy. The bear worked out well without the sashing and cornerstones. Nice fabrics in the bear paw swap blocks. The little paw border blocks will look great with these. Looking forward to seeing more of your quilt, Pretty table runners. Have fun with the Christmas sewing ... :) Pat

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I always love the bear paw! Brings back memories of when I made this for my hubs two years ago:
https://livelylatte.blogspot.com/2016/12/bear-paw-quilt-finish-and-surprise.html . Will be fun to watch yours come together. I do like how the bear turned out.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your bear paw is going to be very nice. That's a wonderful pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...