Wednesday, June 26, 2024

A bit of mish mash going on

 Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are well and enjoying your days. It's a typical dry, warm summer day here. The temps have been bouncing between the low 80s to mid 90s, so not TOO hot.... but hot enough!

I've been doing some of this and that for the past few months in the sewing room, not a lot, but some.

I finished Charlotte Hawks scrappy mystery quilt, the top that is. (Sorry for the indoor picture, but it's pretty windy outside right now.) This was A LOT of fun! Thank you Charlotte!


I had a squirrel pop up on my table a month or so ago too. This is Checkerboard, by Lori Holt. It's a small top, just right for a little girl. Another fun scrappy quilt.


I noticed my strip pile was getting out of hand, so I decided to use my 1.5" strips and make some small Lone stars. I love making Lone stars, and haven't made any in quite some time.


I'm having fun making these too! The not so fun part is the background, of course. Lots of Y-seams. Which I can do, they just aren't as fun as the stars :)


These finish up around 10" square. This background is actually quite bright, this picture is a little dark. And I wasn't sure if I wanted a whole quilt this color. So I pulled out a dusky pink and will alternate the pink and blue. I think it will look great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other quilty news. I was slightly disappointed as I had ASSUMED something that wasn't right. I had read the Jolly Jabber (Fat Quarter news) and had thought that when they said the June box was "plain peachy keen", I was hoping that meant there was some of Cori Yoders yummy fabric by that name in it. I got the box today and found it was some lovely fabric by Fig tree and Co. instead. This box has some nice things in it, a fun ruler and pins/needles. So all is well and I am happy with this birthday gift to myself.  I haven't bought a Sew Sampler box in a few years.

My sweet friend Carol sent me a few much needed rulers (something I dont' often buy myself) and this pattern, which I have been wanting every since it came out!! Thank you again my friend.



This is Sweetwaters Hello Spring pattern. And all of you who know me, know I love these bright, happy Sweetwater colors. This pattern looks fun as it's a mix of regular piecing and applique/embroidery.

My DD bought me this book:




It's all about taking one pattern and making  a variety of different bags with it, depending on what materials you use and how you embellish it. You all know I love making bags, so this will be fun to read and work with. She also bought me some faux leather and some bag hardware. So a new bag will be in my future :)

Now, to just get into the sewing room more and get some things done!

Thanks for stopping by.

Dorian


1 comment:

Carol said...

So glad you got some lovely birthday gifts! It's fun shopping!

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...