Monday, November 23, 2020

Country Irish chain and Thanksgiving

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying this time before the holidays rush in at us. I love this time of year. The weather has cooled, we've had some rain, the fires are out and the smoke is gone.

In Oct, I received a 5 yrd package of fabric goodness from a friend. It was a surprise gift on my quilting board, QATW, for making the first post in Oct of a finish. We have lots of fun on that quilting board :)

The fabric is Secret Garden by Meags and Me for Clothworks. Here's what the whole line looks like.


I love this line, the colors are so lovely. I instantly thought that my bundle had to be made into an Irish chain quilt, one of my favorites.


The yellow I had in my stash and the binding I had to buy, as I HAD to have a light teal binding and I didn't have any ;) I love prairie points and haven't used them in a quilt in quite a long while, so I had to put some in.


I had some soft gray flannel in my stash, so used that for the backing. Here you can see that I did some feathers in a circle and some flowers along the 'chains'.


First time doing feathers!! In over 20 years of quilting, and I've never quilted them before. It went better than I thought, but obviously I still need practice. Once this quilt is washed, it will hopefully take a few of those 'rough' spots out ;) 



And with that, I will leave you with wishing you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Things aren't all that great in many places, but we still have a lot to be thankful for. Wishing you the best.

Thanks for stopping by,

Dorian


all rights reserved

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilt finish!!! Congratulations!

Carol said...

Oh Dorian, that quilt is soooo summery! I love it! Your quilting looks wonderful too. You're too hard on yourself. ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too!

HUGS!

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful quilt! Lovely fabric and you found the perfect yellow to make it pop. Your choice of pattern is perfect fir this fabric. Your quilting looks very nice. Congratulations on the lovely finish, my friend ... <3 Pat

ButterZ said...

You have done a great job quilting the feathers. That's something I still haven't tried. What a great win for you. Amazing fabrics.

Janis said...

What a lovely quilt! I love Irish Chain quilts but have not yet ever made one - it's on my list though. I like the addition of the prairie points too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...