Monday, October 26, 2020

From the Heart blog hop, my day

Hello All,

Welcome to my day on the From the Heart blog hop. And a big thank you to Carol, of Just let me quilt, for another great blog hop.

People who craft and create always put a lot of thought and love into their work. Whether they are creating for their work or as a hobby. If you don't love what you do, then it's hard to do it. So everything I make is 'from the heart' and I had to think for  awhile before I figured out what I wanted to show today.

This year has been very hard on so many people. Besides the whole covid issue, a lot of people are having more health issues, there is too many huge fires burning the West, lots more storms wrecking havoc in the middle and Eastern states, just to name a few. So this year I am trying to spread a bit more love to my friends. I'm sending out hugs.

Mug rugs make great little gifts. You can personnalize them to the reciever, which is always fun.



This is another one I sent out. And it has a funny story. I grabbed the pink squares to go with the black and white because I thought that would be pretty, I really liked it. Then I found the awesome rainbow print, perfect, and decided, what the heck, I'll use pink on the back too. But the whole time I was making this with a particular person in mind, I kept thinking "I hope she likes pink"..... turns out, it's her favorite color :) Must be serendipity ;)



The next two are a little bigger, you can still use them for a mug and a plate of goodies, or put it on the wall or whatnot. This one was for my best quilting buddy, Pat at the scrapatch, she blogged about it here.




This one was for an old friend 'in memory of..', her Mom had passed, and her Mom loved birds.




All these projects are great for using up your scraps. The top hearts one was made with my 1.5" squares, and this one was made with 1.5" strips. I just can't seem to throw these little bits out.

No matter the size of your project, or even if it's just a few words on a sheet of paper. Sending out heartfelt gifts and words are so important. Everyone likes to feel they are special to someone, everyone likes to know that people like and respect them, everyone enjoys having friends and receiving something special.

 As the Beatles say, "Love is all we need.." :) so we just need to "Let the love flow...".

Have a lovely day, and don't forget to stop and see all the other beautiful things people are making. Here are the other bloggers sharing my day, you can find the full list at Carol's.






30 comments:

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

A great idea and we get to use up some of scraps at the same time.

Vicki in MN said...

Yes it's been a tough year for everyone, so it's wonderful to surprise someone with a little gift to let them know you are thinking of them.

lynn said...

These are sweet gifts, and those receiving will know someone cares a lot. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your mug rugs are all so charming!

tink's mom said...

I love that you individualize Your mug rugs. Little mini Hugs with love.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Mug Rugs make awesome gifts! Thanks for sharing yours with The Hop.

piecefulwendy said...

Mug rugs are such fun gift ideas. You've made some nice ones!

Charlene McCain said...

Perfect gifts for this year! We could all use a hug. When I receive a handmade gift I feel especially loved. Great job on your mug rugs!

Lori said...

these are wonderful gifts. you are so thoughtful and creative. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Carol Swift said...

It really has been a tough year for all of us. Giving gifts like these sweet mug rugs is a great idea. I love how you used scraps and made these personal. Such tiny pieces in some of them...wow! Thank you so much for sharing your gifts!

Leah said...

These are beautiful. Such thoughtful gits for each recipient and a great way to use up your scraps!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, they are all beautiful and so thoughtful! Thanks for sharing.

Deonn said...

Such sweet minis! What a perfect use of your scraps - they're treasures!

Carol Andrews said...

A lovely bunch of love in these sweet mug rugs. Thanks for sharing your projects and the idea that even little bits of fabric can bring joy to someone’s heart.

Quilting Gail said...

I love using up scraps and your mug rugs are the perfect "from the heart" gift! Thank you for sharing!

Karen's Korner said...

The perfect personalised gift to give.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

It has been a tough year. These mug rugs are perfect. Thanks for sharing!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love your mug rugs. They are the sweetest gifts. You're so right that this is a year when a little gift goes a long way. We need all that and more, right!??

Carol said...

Oh my dear friend, all your projects are so lovely! I know the recipients will all enjoy them knowing you thought of them while creating them!

Thanks for sharing!

Createology said...

Thank you very much for hopping. Although I am not a quilter I do like making mug rugs and giving them as gifts.

Carla said...

What fun ideas for mug rugs. I keep all those little bits of fabric too. Thanks for the ideas to use them.

Calicojoan said...

There is so much love stitched into your projects. They will warm anyone’s heart!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just goes to show that you can make such beautiful little things with the bits of scrap that 'might' be thrown out.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love scrappy projects. Thanks for the project ideas :)

Scrapatches said...

Dorian, you make such lovely gifts of the heart from even your smallest scraps and I am blessed to have been a recipient. You have sent me many smiles over the years. Thank you from my heart, my friend ... <3 Pat

Sharon said...

What lovely mug rugs! I'm sure that the recipients will love that you've created something wonderful from your scraps.

LJ said...

Super ideas. Using up scraps or using from my stash is always a perfect project.

Kathleen said...

Serendipity, scraps and spreading happiness - all perfect mug rug gifts from the heart!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Great gift ideas and using up scraps at the same time! Thanks for sharing xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely little gifts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...