Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Summer Quilts

 Hello All,

I've been working on a lot of scrappy quilts and UFO's this summer. I have 3 or 4 small quilts tops all put together from UFO blocks that have been sitting around, some for quite a few years. 

Like this cute quilt. I'm calling it Butterfly lane. Because of these butterflies on the background fabrics.


This top was put together a long time ago, maybe 9? something like that. The four big squares were mini-round robins a few of my friends and I did together. Then I came up with a design to put them all together in this quilt. It's 66" square.


Earlier this year I worked on this scrappy quilt. Using 2.5" squares from my scrap box.

I just finished it this morning. It has a nice, flannel backing. It's 56" x 70". It's called Film at Five and it's a free pattern from Wedding Dress Blues.


I also made this sweet table mat for a swap my quilting friends and I did. It's a pattern from my best quilting buddy, Pat at the Scrapatch. You unsnap the petals and have individual mug rugs :)




I'm doing really good this year getting some things at least put into tops, if not completely finished. And I've been using up a lot of scraps :) 

Now.... what am I going to work on next?!

Have a fantastic day!

post signature

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful as always!!

Scrapatches said...

Your summer quilts are lovely! The Snap Flower Table Topper is beautiful. I never would have thought to use a large print for this pattern. I love to see projects made from my tutorials. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet butterfly quilt and Film at Five has always been a favorite of mine! Nice work on getting them done.

Carol said...

You have such talent, congrats on all the finishes!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Applauding your pretty scrappy summer projects, Dorian! Your Butterfly Lane quilt is so pretty! I love the colors, the name, and especially your clever design that showcases your blocks so beautifully.
And your Film at Five version reminds me that quilt is on my list too - your choice of background really makes your scraps shine.
Keeping you in prayer every day and I hope ya'll are staying safe with the surrounding fires. We're awfully dry here, but there's not even enough grass to feed a fire should one begin.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, what a lovely show of quilts. I enjoyed seeing each and everyone including the very sweet tabletopper. You are busy and so good to get things all finished and ready to be enjoyed. Happy stitching from me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...