Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Phires Compass, a finished quilt

Hello Everyone,

It's starting to feel a bit like Fall these past few days. Cool and cloudy. Lots of rain in the mtns, so hopefully it has helped to put out some fires.

I've been working on this Phires Compass quilt for the past month or so. I've finally finished it. I started it here, a bit over a year ago.



This is a modified version of the pattern Phires Radiance, designed by Jessica J.E Smith. I am not sure where you can find the Phires Compass pattern, she designed it for Northcott fabrics and I can't find a pattern for it, as it was made back in 2009.  But they are just a little bit different, so if you like this pattern, get the Phires Radiance pattern and have fun with it.


I found a busy backing for it, the colors are fairly matchy, so I think it works well. And I bound it with the same yellow. (Doesn't the picture above make it look like the slice of an orange or grapefruit?)


This is the third one that I've made, but the only one I've quilted!! LOL


My boys were helping me out, and the youngest decided he had to peak over the top and be in the picture :)

Hope you all have a great week!

post signature

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful quilt! It does look like a yummy slice of citrus. It is wonderful the way you can take your scrap and sale fabrics and put them together to make a one of a kind quilt. The borders are what make this quilt. I love the white print background with the little flowers. I have two quilt in the plans that have a similar background. Hope they finish as lovely as this ... :-) Pat

Carol said...

So happy you have it finished! Congrats!

Ranch Wife said...

What a beautiful finish, Dorian! It DOES look like the sections of grapefruit! The borders you chose frame the center so nicely. I don't often take the time to piece borders, but I should. That looks like a huge quilt and it's going to be the star of any room it graces.
I'm glad that Fall is showing signs of her arrival. I didn't realize there were fires again. Praying everyone stays safe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...