Thursday, August 15, 2019

A fun swap

 Hello All,

Such an interesting summer weather wise. Last Sat, we had Tstorms roll thru, we even got around 1/2" of rain, so that was awesome. Now we are back up into the low 90s for a few days. 

My friends and I on the quilt forum QATW, did a fun swap this month. We all sent 2 yrds of fabric to someone, that someone added a yrd of fabric from their own stash/or bought one, and then made a quilt for the person who sent the 2 yrds of fabric.

I sent my fabric on to Jessica. This is what she returned to me. She added the green to my red and cream to make this lovely snowball quilt. Isn't it beautiful? Jessica does such nice work.



Donna sent me these two fabrics.



I added these daisy's to them...



And made her this Happy Garden Maze pattern from Pat @ the Scrapatch.



I did make a variation there, adding in the double pinwheel blocks inside of the garden maze.

Swapping fabrics and quilted items with your quilting buddies is so much fun :) 

Take care all,
post signature

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Both quilt tops are beautiful! What a fun swap idea. The pretty yellow print you chose for the background of your friends's quilt is wonderfully perfect for this garden quilt. I love the pinwheel variation. It gives the quilt so much movement. The resulting quilt certainly says "happy garden." Thank you for sharing ... :-) Pat

Carol said...

Oh Dorian, your pinwheel quilt is "ALIVE"! I love it! And the snowball quilt is very cheerful! Reminds me of Christmas!

Ranch Wife said...

What a fun swap! Both quilts turned our beautifully! You have such a good eye for mixing fabrics and design - Pat's pattern showcases those pretty prints so well and your variation is the perfect addition. Just lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...