Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Panel swap fun

 Hello out there,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the change of season. We had a lovely, wet, cold winter. And now are having a nice, fairly wet, cool Spring. Lots of lovely flowers are blooming. My favorite is the Redbud, which is in full bloom right now. I love their purply-pink color.

In the sewing room, some friends and I on the QATW forum, decided to do a panel swap. I sent Candis this fun panel of sewing machines.


She cut them apart, added some pieces, and made me this lovely wall hanging.


So cute! Candis did a fabulous job.

Verla sent this pretty panel to me.


Verla requested a bed quilt (I had asked for a wall hanging, thats why the difference in sizes). So I had a lot of fun making different flower type blocks. I made two of these posie blocks.


And I made two of these pretty rose blocks.


Then some windmill/sunflower blocks and some tulips. Put it all together....



The green and blue blocks are pathways, in my imagination, lol. I've never made a quilt with various sized blocks, fitting them in here and there to make everything line up. So I had a lot of fun making this. 

And after we made the panels into quilty things, we sent them back to the panel owner. This was my first panel swap, as panel aren't something I normally buy. But I had my sewing machines tucked away, a gift from big Sis :) and thought it would be a fun challenge. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm just playing with scraps right now. I want to get some quilt tops quilted this summer, but have to wait till next month to buy some backings. So playing with scraps keeps me busy, but it's also easy to just set aside and do something else, or just choose not to go in the sewing room.

Have a lovely afternoon all, and thanks for stopping by.

Dorian

1 comment:

Carol said...

So pretty, my friend. I know your recipient loves it too. You make fitting pieces look so easy! :)

HUGS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...