Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Things I'm working on

Hello Everyone,

I hope your January has gone well. Can you believe it's over already? The days are flying by. Our January was very wet, and we have lots of lovely snow on the mountain tops. So that is good news! Hopefully it will help keep things a little less dry this summer.

I have 3 different projects I'm working on right now. The first is this cute little mystery quilt we did on the QATW forum. It called for 3 fabrics, light, medium and dark. I chose these 3.



I've finished the top. It's only around 40 inches square. A fun little mystery. I do like chain quilts :)


As I did on the previous mystery from Cheryl at Meadow Mist designs, this next mystery I also saved the clues and then took them out a few weeks ago and started putting it together (Cheryl starts the mystery in the summer and it goes till the following Spring). This is the Melodic mystery. The layout clue comes out on Thursday, can't wait to see how this goes together :)


I've been wanting to use this beautiful rose fabric for awhile now. I know the pink is a little light, but I really wanted to use it and the blue. Its' a little subtle, but nice I think. I hope that Red isn't going to be overpowering.

And lastly, I pulled out a charm pack of my favorite line ever, Sunkissed by Sweetwater. My best quilty buddy, Pat at the Scrapatch, sent me a charm pack. She and I both love this line. 

I was very happy when Sweetwater came out with their line Spring chicken. As it uses the same beautiful sherbert colors as Sunkissed, along with the lovely gray. So I took out an almost full fat eighth
bundle of it. Along with some yardage and bits and pieces of Sunkissed.


I cut up everything I could into 5" squares, and then had to cut up some into 2.5" squares. So that I can make another Pat's Gems quilt. It's a pattern I designed to use up charm packs. This version I am making I am changing up just slightly, like I did for the one I made last year. You can see that version HERE.

I can't wait to see this one pieced. Those  cheery colors just make my day :)

So I am keeping myself busy, what with snow outside and cold wind blowing, it's best to stay indoors ;) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Dorian

2 comments:

ButterZ said...

It’s good to see some photos of your projects and work.

Scrapatches said...

Your current quilty projects are all lovely, my friend. I love the soft rose floral in your mystery quilt. Looking forward to seeing Pat's Gems in the sweet Sunkissed fabrics. ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...