Thursday, July 22, 2021

I'm not sure what this block is called

 Hello all,

It's quite smoky here this morning, there is a large fire burning to the East of us. Far enough away to not worry about it, but the wind is blowing right toward us. Our logging site is up there... I hope the fire doesn't turn towards it. 

I've been working on these blocks on and off all year. I'm not sure what they are called, and I can't seem to find the site I saw them on. I do recall noticing them on more than one blog, but I guess I didn't save a link to one, like I thought I did.



I had a stack of the white with gray fabric squares that had been cut 1/8" too small. And I had a pile of the bigger, yellow squares, that had been cut 1/4" too small. 

I was happy that when I put 2 of the whitish blocks together (with 2 colored squares I cut), into a 4 patch, that 4 patch is the same size as the yellow squares :)

So I got out my square scrap box. It has lots of 2" squares, plus some 1 1/2", 3" and 3 1/2" squares in it, all ready to be used in  a scrappy quilt. I took some colorful 2" squares and cut 1/8" off two sides, put them together with the whitish squares. Got some 3 1/2" squares and cut them down a 1/4", along with the yellow squares. I ran out of the whitish/gray squares and went thru my scraps finding white to cut up. And I had myself some fun :)


I mixed some floral prints in there and cut some more yellows, and now I'm laying the blocks out, figuring how I want it to look.


If anyone knows what this block is called, give a shout out in the comments please.

I'm going to set these aside now though, as I have to finish my youngest son's quilt. I don't have much more to do.

I'm linking up with Pat in the scrapatch again. Thank you Pat for your weekly link up. Have a great day everyone.

And thanks for stopping by,

Dorian

5 comments:

ButterZ said...

Good work Dorian. Not sure of the block name….

The Joyful Quilter said...

Technically, that's a Double Four Patch. The block layout is the same as the 2020 Scrap Buster Challenge. The folks at Border Creek Station called it Scrap Dance. I'm not sure if that's the official name, but there you go!

Scrapatches said...

Pretty scrappy blocks, Ms Dorian,
I call that a Double Four Patch Block, too, although I do not know it that is an official name. I also sewed some for the 2020 Scrap Busters challenge. I should sew more. Thank you for linking up. It is always nice to stop by your quilty place ... :) Pat

Carol said...

So so creative to figure out how to work what you had cut already. I hope it turns out as pretty as all your other works!

HUGS!

Quiltpiecer said...

I agree with the other comments that it looks like the 2020 Stash Buster Challenge block. I made mine in blue and yellow, but I like your colorful scrappy one. Will be so pretty when it's finished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...