Monday, March 1, 2021

Morewood mystery quilt top

 Hello All,

I finished putting together my Morewood mystery quilt. Thank you Cheryl for another great mystery quilt. I really like this block.



I can see myself using it in other projects. It makes a great chain block. I love four blocks together like this...



My quilty muse had me wanting to make a different layout than Cheryl's. So I made 8 of these blocks and sewed them together in pairs like this..



And when I put everything together, here is what it looks like. (That's my quilty inspector, Ms Red.)



I seem to gravitate towards square quilts. As long as I make them big enough to fit on my queen bed, that's ok :) This is going in the 'to be' quilted pile, as I have to get my older son's quilt done.


I hope those of you who have been having a harsh winter, get some lovely Spring soon. As you can see, we are getting some green grass and things are starting to bloom.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Dorian





6 comments:

ButterZ said...

Dorian you have done very well with this quilt. It is a wonderful design

Carol said...

Awesome finish, my friend! I like the design you created. :-)

Scrapatches said...

I love you layout, Dorian! Your quilty muse is very wise. I like your colors and fabrics, too, Kitty looks like she wants this quilt. I also like to make square quilts. This will make a lovely bed quilt ... :) Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! That was unexpected. LOVE the layout!

Scrapatches said...

Thanks for linking up today, my friend ... :) Pat

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I love your alternate layout and dark background! It looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...