Saturday, October 5, 2019

The holidays are coming.

Hello All,

Fall weather is setting in; cool mornings and warm afternoons. The leaves haven't started to turn just yet, but they will be soon. I always enjoy the change of season :)

You know the Holidays are coming soon. The quilters, makers and gifters are starting to make gifts and do secret sewing. And my favorite blog hops are coming up.

Here is a sneak peak of my middle son's quilt top, that I've finally finished. It came out so good, I know he is going to love it! You can see the rest of this quilt on my day in the Stitch it and Gift it blog hop on Nov 14th.




I'm making a mug rug and coffee cozy too, that will be a gift for a fun swap I am doing on my quilting form, Quilting around the World.  I've got some cute Christmas fabrics to use.



And then, on Dec 5th, you can stop in and see another one of my family's favorite cookies, in the annual Virtual cookie exchange blog hop, hosted by Carol over at Just Let me Quilt.


 

Thank you Carol! This is always a fun one :)

I'm also working on 2 of my WIP scrap projects that I started this Summer too. So enough to keep me busy. I'l pop in and show you progress when I have it. 


The white in the top box is the background, this is going to be another Irish Stars quilt. The bottom is the Film at Five project I started this past summer, the gray on the right will be the background.

Have a great day!

post signature

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Good Morning, Dorian ... you son's quilt is looking wonderful. I know he picked the colors and had some ideas of how he wanted them placed. You have done a great job on the setting. Looking forward to seeing this one finished and the other projects you have in the works. Love you choice of patterns for your scrappy quilts ... <3 Pat

Carol said...

Oh that quilt is great! I know he will love it. Did you get the warm backing? I love all your other fabric choices too. Can't wait to see all the projects you are going to make with them!

Ranch Wife said...

Your son's quilt is amazing! Are you saving it for Christmas or have you already given it to him? You have such a great sense of color and design.
Oye! The holidays! They seem to roll around faster every year. You Christmas fabrics are cute! My Christmas bin is overflowing - time to make another Christmas scrap quilt! I'm looking forward to watching your newest scrap projects come together. Scrappy quilts are always my favorite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...