Sunday, May 29, 2011

weekend quilting

 Saturday was a dreary, rainy/cloudy day, quite chilly too.  This Iris had broken off, so Daughter brought it in the house. I thought it looked interesting against the water on the window.


 So I decided to work on this beauty for a bit.


Sigh, it isn't my picture taking day....the close ups I took of the quilting turned out fuzzy...so, another time I'll show you that progress.

 This is the first Round Robin I've done. It was done in 1999, or 2000 maybe. And I am still hand quilting it. The poor thing was set aside for a loooong while. Then when we moved up here, I thought "now I'll get that butterfly quilt quilted". I figured, cold winters= days sitting by the fire quilting, right??

WRONG! I have pulled it out occasionally, but can only sew one needles worth of thread before my hand gets too  numb.

At least I have a hand project when I want one :)

Today dawned bright and sunny, but some clouds have come back...hope they go back away for a bit. So I've been doing more work on my butterfly wings.....hmm, I see a 'pattern' here.

Three more 'butterflies' to add to the collectiong. Guess I'll keep playing in the fabric basket, till I have a larger quilt.



LOL, butterflies! They are so beautiful. I'm using a butterfly fabric in the "It's too pretty to cut" challenge I am doing on the Q&N also.
 ~~~~~~~~~~

 I was telling you my purple Iris's are blooming, but not my yellow ones....Here's what I found yesterday...

.

Interesting that the purple and yellow blended....



Have a happy, quilty day all...as my friend Pat says :)

Thanks for stopping by, Dorian

4 comments:

Tiffaney said...

I just love the colors of your butterflies.

Carol said...

How cool about the irises!! I like your butterfly 'theme'! lol

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Your blocks are really pretty! As I was scrolling thru the pictures and it's amazing how nature's colors can so beautifully repeat in fabric. =)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot

Scrapatches said...

Lovely quilty things inspired by lovely designs in nature, Dorian. May the sun continie to shine on your ridge and life, my friend ... :) Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...